I have spent YEARS growing my Instagram account (and over 7,000 clients…)
Throughout my years of experience I have seen it ALL.
In this blog post I will be sharing with you…
FIVE THINGS YOU ARE DOING WRONG WITH YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT.
- buying followers
- using bots
- Not learning from the experts
- Not using hashtags
- Not utilizing keywords in your Instagram Bio
Buying Instagram Followers (Oh no she didn’t…)
How tempting is it when you are stuck at 200 followers to in just a few short hours have 10,000 new followers? SUPER tempting I know. When I was first starting out, I really wanted to just buy some followers so maybe people would take me seriously. But after doing tons of research I decided against it, and let me tell you why:
- People KNOW when you have fake followers (If you see a large account following and look at their followers and notice the accounts are mainly accounts with little to no pictures, or no followers, more than likely those are fake followers)
- You loose credibility with your REAL followers. Your followers are going to notice if you go from 200 to 10,000 followers in one day. All the work you have done to get real followers will be waisted.
- Your Instagram Engagement will actually go down. — You might think, “if I buy more followers I will get more likes” WRONG. Your buying inactive followers (no matter what the website promises) that are not interested in your account or what you post. So when you have 100,000 followers and 2 likes on your post, people will not want to follow you.
Using Instagram Engagement Bots
Have you ever noticed comments on someones post that have nothing to do with what they posted or really short one word comments? For example: “cool” “awesome” “I like this” etc… THESE ARE BOTS leaving comments on posts. Since Instagram bots have started they have gotten more advanced to where you can add more than one word comments BUT even if these would help you build engagement with your account, they are AGAINST INSTAGRAMS TOS (terms of service) and thus could get your account shut down. If that is worth it for you, then go for it. But I highly suggest NOT using Instagram bots to grow your Instagram Engagement, instead just actually carve out some time in your day to engage with your followers!
Not learning from the Instagram Experts:
When I first started my Instagram account, there was no one out there that had courses or lessons to explain how to grow on Instagram. Now there is SO MANY experts out there to help you grow your accounts, so why wouldn’t you take tips from them? I’ve had to learn from trial and error, but you don’t have to! The InstantBoss Club has all sorts of lessons from the top experts to help you. OR you could grab a CUSTOM MARKETING REPORT for your account!
Not Using Hashtags
One of the EASIEST ways to grow your account and get more engagement on your posts is to use hashtags on every post. Instagram allows you to use up to 30 hashtags per post, and YES you should use every single one. Think of your hashtags like a keyword, it is how your customers are going to find you! Now you can spend hours researching the tops hashtags for your niche, and find a generic list of hashtags, OR you could buy the hashtag creator that generates the best hashtags depending on what niche you are in. This creator literally works for ANY NICHE!
If you want more tips on hashtags you should check out our other blog post on this topic: TOP SIX INSTAGRAM HASHTAG TIPS
Not using Keywords in your Instagram Bio
YES, there is a place on your Instagram account to put keywords. In this video below, I show you exactly WHERE to put them.
To read more about FIVE TIPS TO GET YOU MORE INSTAGRAM FOLLOWERS click here.